Eligibility for services is not based on income. Eligibility is determined for children birth to three years of age by the existence of a developmental delay in the following areas:
• Fine or gross motor skills
• Expressive and receptive language
• Self-help skills
• Cognitive, academic, or problem-solving skills,
• Social/emotional skills
• Children with Down Syndrome or another similar diagnosis may also be eligible.
• Services are based on an Individual Family Services Plan (IFSP) whereby families identify their concerns and priorities, based on their child's strengths and needs.
• Services are provided in natural environments to the maximum extent appropriate to the needs of the child, including the home, neighborhood, or community setting in which infants and toddlers without disabilities participate.
• Services are available to assist the child and family to transition, at age three, from early intervention services into the public-school system or other appropriate services in the community.
|YVMH-Child Development Services||2811 Tieton Drive, Yakima, WA. 98902||Edward Miles|
|Children's Village||3801 Kern Way, Yakima, WA. 98902||Vice President|