Missed Court Dates
THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HERE IS INTENDED TO ADDRESS FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS. IT IS NOT COMPREHENSIVE AND SHOULD NOT BE CONSTRUED AS LEGAL ADVICE. THOSE IN NEED OF LEGAL ADVICE SHOULD CONSULT AN ATTORNEY.
If you missed your mitigation/contested hearing.
Call or appear in person at the Yakima County District Court, Room 225 or Grandview location and ask about the status of your ticket.
A $52.00 Failure to Appear penalty has probably been added to the original amount of your ticket and your ticket has been selected for collections.
- Department of Licensing has also been notified of your failure to appear. This could result in the suspension of your driver’s license until you have paid the full amount due.
- At this time you should either make time pay arrangements or pay your ticket in full.
If you failed to appear at either your arraignment/status conference/trial or failure to comply hearing.
If you have a private attorney or an attorney appointed for you, contact him/her immediately and follow his/her instructions.
If you do not have an attorney, you should contact the Yakima County District Court and ask the status of your case.
You may appear in person at the counter in Rm 225 of the Yakima County District Courthouse with either cash, check/money order or credit/check card to pay your ticket in full.
Please present your case number and tell the cashier you want to pay your ticket.
If you choose to mail in your payment in full, you should first call the Yakima County District Court to find out the payoff amount.
You can mail in either a check or money order. Please include your case number.
To pay your ticket by credit or debit card on line, click on the link below or you can access the link on the home page.
To pay your ticket by credit or debit card, please call our reception line, 574-1800. They will forward you to the next available cashier. Please have your case number ready at the time you call.
Appear in person at the counter in Room 225 of the Yakima County Courthouse.
Present your case number to the cashier.
The cashier will advise you of the total amount owing on your ticket and of the terms of the time pay contract.
You will need a $50 payment at the time the contract is signed.
The cashier will also advise you of the one time $10 time pay fee added to time pay contracts on traffic tickets.
If you have been advised there is a warrant out for your arrest there are two options:
If you are allowed the $100 administrative fee:
- Come in person with picture identification and $100 in cash, to Room 225 of the Yakima County District Court.
- Your $100 will be receipted and you will be given a new court date for the next day.
- Do not send someone on your behalf. We will not accept the $100 nor give you a new court date unless you appear in person.
If you are not allowed the $100 administrative fee.
- You should come to the Yakima County District Court, Room 225 with picture identification to post your bail/bond.
- We will only accept cash for your bail or a bond from a Washington State Licensed Bonding Company.
- If you cannot post bail or bond, you should turn yourself in at the counter in Room 225 of the Yakima County District Court.