Request a Contested Hearing
Records Request: 574-1811
THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HERE IS INTENDED TO ADDRESS FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS. IT IS NOT COMPREHENSIVE AND SHOULD NOT BE CONSTRUED AS LEGAL ADVICE. THOSE IN NEED OF LEGAL ADVICE SHOULD CONSULT AN ATTORNEY.
- You must respond within 15 days from the date the ticket was issued.
- Mark box 3 on the back of the green copy of your ticket.
- Verify your address on the green copy of the ticket is correct. If it is not, make the correction on the back of the green copy of the ticket.
- Sign the ticket and return it in person or by mail to the Yakima County Courthouse, Room 225, or to our Grandview location.
- The court will send you a court date along with a written statement form.
- Complete the written statement form and return it either in person or by mail to the Yakima County Courthouse, Room 225, or to our Grandview location.
- Your written statement form must be postmarked no later than the day before your hearing date.
- Your written statement will be reviewed at the time of your hearing and a decision made. A card will be mailed to you advising you of the Court’s decision.
If you wish to submit your written response electronically you may do so by completing the mitigation/contested statement form.
Again, once your hearing has taken place and a decision has been made, a postcard will be mailed to you advising you of the Court’s decision.