Submitting a Written Statement
Records Request: 574-1811
THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HERE IS INTENDED TO ADDRESS FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS. IT IS NOT COMPREHENSIVE AND SHOULD NOT BE CONSTRUED AS LEGAL ADVICE. THOSE IN NEED OF LEGAL ADVICE SHOULD CONSULT AN ATTORNEY.
If you wish to submit a written response rather than appear in person for your mitigation or contested hearing you may do so by:
- First marking box #2 for mitigation or box 3 for contested on the back of your green ticket and returning it to the court.
- The court will send you a court date along with a written statement form.
- Complete the written statement form and return it either in person or by mail the Yakima County Courthouse Room 225 or our Grandview Location.
- Your written statement form must be postmarked no later than the day before your hearing date.
- Your written statement will be reviewed at the time of your hearing and a decision made. A card will be mailed to you advising you of the Court’s decision.
If you wish to submit your written response electronically you may do so by completing the mitigation/contested statement form.
Again, once your hearing has taken place and a decision as been made, a postcard will be mailed to you advising you of the Court’s decision.