Room 314, 128 North 2nd Street, Yakima, WA 98901
Honorable Robert W. Inouye
Staff Services and Limitations
Clerk & Court staff can:
· Tell you the status of a specific case, unless the case or information in the case is confidential. Confidential information is not available to the public because of state law or a judge’s decision.
· Provide the court file on a specific case for you to review. If the case is confidential, you will need a court order to see the file.
· Give you general information on court rules, procedures and practices.
· Provide court-approved or required forms or tell you where you can find forms. There may be a charge for some forms. Forms are not available for all legal proceedings.
· Offer guidance on how to compute some deadlines and due dates.
· Provide court schedules and information on how to get matters scheduled.
· Provide the telephone number of the local attorney referral service or information about other agencies that may assist you.
PLEASE NOTE: Clerk & Court staff do not know the answers to all questions about court rules, procedures and practices.
Clerk & Court staff cannot:
· Advise you about whether you should file a case or whether you should take any particular action in a case.
· Tell you what words to put in a form.
· Tell you what to say in court.
· Tell you what decision the judge will make or what sentence the judge will impose.
· Comment about specific persons you may name in a petition or pleading.
· Apply the law nor give directions about how to respond in any aspect of the legal process.
· Change an order signed by a judge.
· Let you talk to a judge outside of court.