We want your travels throughout Yakima County to be safe and uneventful. Year round, Yakima County crews are traveling the roadways to insure that county roads are kept in optimum condition. Whether performing construction, maintenance, or utility work activities, work crews utilize a variety of work zone warning devices (signs, flaggers, barriers, channeling or pavement markers, etc.) to provide the traveler with sufficient notification of upcoming road activities.
- SLOW DOWN… You will be better able to control your vehicle regardless of weather or roadway conditions. Remember, you are driving through a work crew’s “office”.
- Maintain a safe travel distance behind traffic when approaching a work zone.
- Follow traffic signage and flagger crews directions carefully. A wrong turn can result in personal injury, property damage, or other legal consequences.
- Adjust your schedule...compensate for work zone-related traffic delays by leaving home a little earlier or find alternative routes.
- Work Zone Safety Extends Beyond Just Roads !!!... County roads join or connect to railroads, bike lanes, sidewalks and pathways which also require work crews to maintain.
For More information on “Work Zone Safety”, go to