Protection OrdersDivorce / SeparationCustody MattersChild SupportLandlord / RentersWills / ProbateMinors/Juveniles Adoption

Copy RequestsJAVS / FTR RequestsTranscriptionistsFee ScheduleHolidaysOffice HoursReports / StatsJIS Link

Superior Courts Main Home Page       Yakima County Main Home Page

PUBLIC NOTICE:The clerk’s office can no longer accept ncourt payments for filing fees.
Any Ncourt payments that are made to the County Clerk’s Office will not be receipted into our system until the payment is received at our bank.
This could take up to two weeks.
We will take this into consideration when processing LFO payments, and suspend the collection process an additional two weeks to compensate for the delay.

NOTICE: On January 29th the Clerk's Office will be upgrading their document imaging software and you may experience delays when requesting copies of filed documents.

Making Room For The NEW YEAR:  Please be advised that due to physical limitations of storage near our main office, we have to store some files elsewhere in the courthouse.  We have readily available 2008, 2007, 2006 and some 2005 case year files. 


For all other years, please check this quick guide to see if you need to call us ahead of time to retrieve the file you are taking into court.  (If you 'note' your matter with the appropriate noting procedures, the file will be retrieved without calling.)


Old Case File Listing



Scroll (or arrow) down to see more options.


Log On Problems with the WA State AOC web site?  Please click here for a quick checklist of your computers settings. 

Court Facilitator

GR 22 Forms

Local Court Forms

WA State Forms

Quick Guide for GR's

Pleading & Index Formats


Local Rules (LGR's)

General Rules (GR's)

Appellate Rules (RAP's)

Finding court files & case numbers:


The “Find A Case” button to the left side of this screen will direct you to a Washington State web site that will provide you with immediate and up to date access to any county court database in the state of Washington. You can then request case names, case numbers and other information as it becomes available.  If you suspect a case has been “filed” and it does not appear at this site, please allow 24 hours and search it again.  This site pulls live data from our database – if our staff has not had time to place the case into the computer system, it will not show up.  We attempt to have all ‘newly filed’ cases into the computer system within 24 hours.  (We request that you do not phone the Clerk’s office to ‘double check’ as we will be accessing the exact same records you do, and getting the same results.

WA State Law Library

Telephonic Hearings

Legal Newspapers

Court Interpreters

About The Clerk

The Clerks web site is designed to allow you to find information for yourself.  It is our hope that this web site will answer the majority of questions you have, and reduce the need to telephone our office.   If you or your staff needs assistance with navigating our web page, please contact us.

Old Cases:

In matters where the case was filed more than 4 (four) years ago,  you will need to check the link below to see if you need to telephone the Clerk's Office to request the paper file from storage.  Please call a minimum of 8 hours in advance of when you plan to 1) take the file to court, and / or 2) review or obtain photocopies from the file.

Old Case File Listing

As a 'rule of thumb' case numbers starting with: 05-x, 04-x, 03-x 02-x, 01-x, 00-x, 99-x,  98-x, 97-x, and earlier - will need to be requested ahead of time. 

Please check the link above as it is updated frequently.


Name Change

Bail Bond Agencies

Marriage Licenses

DUI & Traffic Tickets

Birth & Death Records

Unemployment Appeals

Research State Archives

Disclaimer:  All information contained herein is provided as a public service and is for general information only.  It is subject to change without notice, though we attempt to keep it as current as possible.  No warranties or claims are made as to the accuracy of the information.  If you have a question concerning services please contact our Office.  If you have questions concerning your legal rights or about the law in general, you are directed to contact an attorney for assistance.  The Clerks Office is not allowed to provide you with legal assistance.  All materials contained herein are designed to assist you as much as we can.

Last updated 01/22/2008 03:38 PM