- Union Gap Municipal Court is now part of Yakima County District Court, located in Room 225 of the second floor of the County Courthouse. Phone: 509-574-1804
LOCAL TRAFFIC INFRACTION RULE 3.3
PROCEDURE AT CONTESTED HEARINGS
For permanent adoption 9/01/13
(b) Representation by Lawyer. The Plaintiff shall be represented by a lawyer in all cases where:
(4) the defendant is represented by a lawyer;
(5) the defendant has served on the prosecuting attorney and filed with the court at least 30 days prior to trial a request to produce a speed measuring device expert under IRLJ 6.6, or,
(6) a subpoena has been issued by either party or the court pursuant to IRLJ 3.1(a) for any witness, including the officer who issued the notice of infraction or whose written statement was the basis of issuance of the notice of infraction.
IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING CALENDAR CHANGE IN YAKIMA COUNTY DISTRICT COURT
District Court Calendar Effective May 1, 2014 -
District Court has made some changes to our court calendar to address transport issues and develop greater efficiencies in the management of cases and allocation of court resources. With the exception of DUI Court, in-custody defendants will no longer be transported across the street for hearings scheduled in District Court. All in-custody hearings will be heard at the basement of the jail. Below is a summary of the changes effective May 1st.
- In-custody criminal dockets will be held on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays at 1:30 p.m. at the basement of the jail.
- District Court in-custody prelims will be separated from Superior Court prelims and will continue to be heard at the basement of the jail every day of the week at 1:30 p.m.
- Motion hearings will be held at 3:00 p.m. on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. If the defendant is in custody, then those motions will be scheduled for a jail courtroom on Tuesday, Thursday or Friday at 3:00 p.m.
- Union Gap Municipal Court will be held at the jail on Wednesdays — both in-custody and out-of-custody defendants will appear on this calendar.
- The in-custody prelim docket on Friday will be combined with any in-custody criminal hearings at the basement of the jail.
Any questions or concerns please call 509-574-1804.
To pay your traffic ticket online click here:
Local Court Rules Amended - Effective 9/1/2012
Local Court Rules Amended - Effective 6/25/10
L-ARLJ11 - June 7, 2010