Scales Yakima County Prosecuting Attorney
128 North 2nd Street, Room 329
Yakima, Washington 98901

Our Office
Domestic Violence
WA Laws
Community Programs
For Parents
For Kids
Press Releases
Yakima County

How to Get a Protection Order

If you are the victim of domestic violence, you may request that the court issue a domestic violence protection order. You do not need a lawyer. Go to the Yakima County Superior Court Clerk’s Office, Room 323, County Courthouse, 128 N. 2nd Street, Yakima WA 98901, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Ask for an application for a Protection Order. The application, hearing, order, and service of the order on the person are free.

You can read more about domestic violence and the protection order process here on our website, or at the website for the Washington State Courts: You can also download the application form for the protection order from this site.

If you have questions about the Yakima County Prosecuting Attorney's Office, please send a message to

If you have questions or comments about the contents of this website, please contact Webmaster Susan Arb by sending a message to


Updated November 19, 2010