Script Area
Washington State Seal and Link to Superior Court Home Page

Yakima County
   Superior Court

Room 314, 128 North 2nd Street, Yakima, WA 98901

Superior Court Judges
onorable Susan L. Hahn
Honorable Michael G. McCarthy
Honorable Douglas L. Federspiel
Honorable Blaine G. Gibson
Honorable David A. Elofson
Honorable Ruth E. Reukauf
Honorable Gayle M. Harthcock
Honorable Richard H. Bartheld

Honorable Robert W. Inouye
Honorable Kevin S. Naught

Court Administrator
Robyn Berndt

Court Consultant
Harold Delia



Información tocante Consejo Legal en las Cortes



If you are asking the court to enforce an existing court order, you may file for Contempt. You can purchase a “Contempt Packet” in room 323 of the courthouse for $20.00. This book contains all the forms, samples and instructions necessary to start and complete this action. There is no filing fee.

If you need assistance in completing this packet, you may schedule an appointment with the Facilitator by calling (509) 574-2695.


1. Do I need a case number?
Yes. You must have an existing case number in Yakima County which refers to your Parenting Plan, Order of Child Support or Decree of Dissolution. If you don’t know your case number, you may contact the Clerk’s Office by calling
(509) 574-1430.

2. Do I need an attorney?
You are not required to have an attorney and you may represent yourself. You may also hire an attorney at any time.

3. What kind of issues can I use this packet for?
Parenting Plan, Order of child Support or Decree of Dissolution. Issues may relate to missed visitation, unpaid child support or spousal maintenance.

4. What is the basis of Contempt?
You are alleging that the other party is not following a specific portion of your court order.

5. Do I have to go to court?
Yes. You will go to court 2 times. The first appearance will be without the other party and you will explain the problem. The second appearance will include the other party and you may both explain your position to the Judge.

6. How long does this process take?
Contempt actions usually take about 3 weeks to complete.

7. What happens if the other party is found in contempt?
The court will put the other party on notice that they must follow the order. They may also order make-up visitation for missed visits or payment plans for back child support or maintenance.