- Yakima Health District is hiring
Food Handler Test Hours
Monday - Friday:
8:30am to 11:00am & 1:30pm to 3:30pm
Special Extended Testing Hours:
1st Tuesday of every month - 1:30pm to 6:00pm
The testing process takes 45 minutes to 1 hour. (30 minute video & 35 multiple choice questions)
The VFC program is a federal entitlement program that eliminates cost as a barrier and improves immunization levels, and is a critical funding source for vaccines.
- Accountability Requirements
- Vaccines for Children (VFC) Program Eligibility
- Vaccine Management Plans
- Enroll with the Office of Immunization and Child Profile by signing the Outside Provider Agreement
- Continuing Education
- Periodic site visits by local public health jurisdiction or state Department of Health
- Satisfaction Survey
- Provider Profile
Since 1990, Washington State has maintained a universal childhood vaccine program, providing vaccines to all children less than 19 years regardless of income. Washington’s universal status has meant that whatever vaccines are provided for VFC-eligible children, the state also provides to non-VFC eligible children. No child can be denied state-supplied vaccine because of their inability to pay an administration or office visit fee and no child can be charged for state-supplied vaccine.
The resources listed here may help you prepare for and complete the process:
- Online Provider Enrollment Instructions (PDF) Overall renewal process and identifies the information you will need to gather before beginning your online enrollment.
- Quick Reference Online Provider Enrollment (PDF) Steps for annual renewal for the State Childhood Vaccine Program using the IIS.
- Online Enrollment Training Video A short training video on how to use the IIS to complete online enrollment.
- If you have questions, please contact your local public health department, or contact State Department of Health at 1-866-397-0337, or email WAChildhoodVaccine@doh.wa.gov.
For more information related to Vaccines for Children Program please visit:
- Plan 1. Vaccine Coordinator Contact Information Template
- Plan 2. Vaccine Storage and Handling Plan Template
- Plan 3. Vaccine Receiving and Transport Plan Template
- Plan 4. Vaccine Storage Emergency Plan Template
- Plan 5. Emergency Plan Annual Review Documentation Template
- Plan 6. Vaccine Ordering Plan Template
- Plan 7. Vaccine Inventory Control Plan Template
- Plan 8. Vaccine Wastage Plan Template
- Plan 9. Staff Training on Vaccine Management Plan Template
We recommend the reference Epidemiology and Prevention of Vaccine-Preventable Diseases, 12th edition, which is available through the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and was distributed by the Public Health Foundation. For copies, contact the Public health Foundation at 1-877-252-1200 or website http://bookstore.phf.org
Slide sets to accompany the book are available on the CDC Vaccines and Immunization website at http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pinkbook/default.htm
- Immunization Training - trainings for health care providers, local public health, immunization staff, and school and child care staff.