NEWS / Operations Updates re Covid-19
TO READ THIS MESSAGE IN ANOTHER LANGUAGE
At the bottom right hand corner of each page of this website there is a “Select Language” option.
Click on the arrow and choose the preferred language from the list that appears and it will
automatically change the web page to your preferred language.
PARA LEER ESTA INFORMACIÓN EN OTRO IDIOMA
En la parte inferior a la derecha de cada página web hay una opción para seleccionar idioma.
Oprima la flecha y seleccione el idioma preferido de la lista que aparece y la página web cambiará
automáticamente a su idioma preferido.
Notice: If you are feeling ill you should not enter the courthouse or courtrooms. (Such as a fever, cough, shortness of breath.) Please review the daily posting of Court Calendars to determine if your Hearing is still being held In-Person. Many Court Hearings are changing daily, so please check before you go to the Courthouse / Jail. Some matters will require / allow you to only appear by telephone / telephonically.
Due to a shortage of staff, your wait time may be longer than normal. We thank you for your patience and understanding.
- Many Court Hearings are being conducted by Zoom or by Telephonic Appearance. Please look on the list of calendars for instructions.
- Paternity / Child Support Division matters / Tuesday AM: - Instructions to appear by telephone - English & Spanish.
- Yakima Superior Court General Orders re Covid-19
The Washington State Supreme Court has issued a number of Orders regarding Court operations for the time specified in the Order. Yakima Superior Court will operate pursuant to these Orders.
Jury trials have resumed. If you have received a Jury Summons, please complete it and mail it back to our office as directed on the form. (You will keep the yellow Supplemental Covid-19 Questionnaire and complete it in the morning of the day you are required to report). Follow the Call In instructions on your Jury Summons and listen to the recorded message carefully. A letter from our Judges was sent with your Jury Summons which addresses the precautions the Court is taking. You may also wish to watch this Public Service Announcement video.
Consumer Debt Garnishments / Evictions: Pursuant to Concurrent Resolution 8402 emergency proclamations by the Governor are extended throughout the Covid-19 state of emergency unless rescinded by the Governor or the Legislature - whichever occurs first. This effects:
- Garnishments and Accrual of Interest
Until further notice, the Clerk’s Office remains open. Please limit your in-person visits to only those items you are not able to do through the Clerk’s website, telephone, Odyssey Portal. mail or AMS (for legal offices).
Services you can do either by Mail or On-Line:
- Copy Requests (paper and court hearings)
- Restitution Payments
- To make a payment on a court fine online please select this link: https://www.yakimacounty.us/157/Payments-Restitution
- Obtaining Forms
- File New Cases
- Protection Order requests (Please obtain your forms from the website. Complete them prior to going to the Courthouse.) Please read the guidelines carefully to determine which type of paperwork you should fill out.
- If you have questions, please telephone 574-1430.
The Clerk’s Office will be assisting people in-person at in our office. However we will be limiting the number of people we allow to approach the public counter all at once. This is to comply with the Center for Disease Control (CDC) which recommends limiting the gathering of 10 or more people. We encourage friends / support people / parties not directly involved in your case, and non-litigants to remain in the public hallway and not enter the Clerk’s Office.
- Rescheduling your hearing(s).
- Submit matters Ex-parte by mail (or AMS for law offices) when those services are available.
- If you have an attorney, please telephone your attorney for questions regarding your future Court Hearings or for “Filing” pleadings in your case. Please do not go in-person to their office, unless your attorney has specifically requested you do so.
- Please (frequently) check the Superior Court Website for any updates to Court Sessions / Court Calendars.
- Please check the Court Facilitator’s Website for any updates.
- Information for Yakima County District Court may be found here.
The Clerk’s Office will make every effort to update this page as quickly as we have information regarding the temporary measures the Court is making to ensure everyone’s well being during the Covid-19 pandemic.