Wineries & Breweries

Does a winery or brewery need a food service license if they are not serving any food products? Yes! While wineries and breweries are very low risk and may not serve standard food menu items, the use of multi-use articles (reusable dishware) constitutes the operation of a food establishment per WAC 245-215-48C. To serve customers beverage products in multi=use dishware, the facility must obtain a license for a Level 1 Food Service establishment. Visit the Applications & Resources page for information on how to apply. For more information, contact an Environmental Health Specialist through the Help Desk at (509) 249-6508 or