Certified copies of birth records in the range of 1921 to the present may be obtained by contacting your local county health department. Most county health departments are linked into the Center for Health Statistics database and can issue birth certificates statewide from 1921 to present. For Yakima County birth records, in this date range, please contact the Yakima Health District at 509-249-6538 or Yakima Health District Vital Records. A certified copy costs $20.
Birth records from July 1, 1907 through present can be obtained by contacting the Washington State Department of Health, Center for Health Statistics at 360-236-4300. A certified copy costs $20.
Yakima County birth records prior to 1907 are on record in the Auditor's Office. A copy or certified copy of a birth record, in this date range, may be obtained by submitting a written request to the Yakima County Auditor's Recording Division. Include a check or money order for $1 for a copy, or $3 for a certified copy. Be sure to include the person's birth name and date of birth.
- For records before July 1, 1907 - Email the Research Office of the Washington State Archives or call them at 360-586-1492.
- For recent records, in the last 3 months - Please contact the Yakima Health District 509-249-6538 or Yakima Health District Vital Records.
- For records July 1, 1907 to 3 months before the present - Order through the Center for Health Statistics.
Certified copies of marriage certificates must be purchased through the county auditor where the couple purchased the license; this is not necessarily where the ceremony took place. The marriage ceremony may be performed anywhere in the state, regardless of where the license was purchased; however, the record will be kept where the license was issued.
To request a certified copy of a marriage certificate for licenses issued from the Yakima County Auditor, you may either visit our office or send a request by mail. If requesting by mail, please include the following:
1. A note including both names at the time of the marriage and the year of the marriage.
2. Check, money order, or cash for $3.
3. Self Addressed Stamped Envelop
Please mail these to:
Yakima County Auditor
ATTN: Recording Department
PO Box 12570
Yakima, WA 98909
You may order Yakima County marriage certificates on-line using a credit card. There will be a $10 service fee. Please use the following link: Official Records Online.
Other Recorded Documents
You can also obtain a copy of a document that has been recorded in Yakima County, such as a:
- Deed of Trust
- Plat Map
- Quit Claim Deed
- Seller's Assignment
- Warranty Deed