Free STD TestingWhat the Yakima Health District Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD) Program can provide you:
The Yakima Health District offers free STD Testing on Wednesdays from 8:30am-4:00pm at the office located at 1210 Ahtanum Ridge Dr, Yakima, WA 98903. Treatment is also offered at the Yakima Health District, however in some cases patients are referred elsewhere, but there will be no cost to the patient.
- Free STD testing and treatment
- Help finding a provider for testing or treatment of an STD
- Treatment for some people who have had sexual contact with a person who has been diagnosed with certain STDs (when resources permit), call 509-249-6541 for details
- Confidential notification of sexual partners who have been exposed to certain STDs, call 509-249-6541 for details.
- PrEP information and education. If you have questions about taking PrEP for HIV prevention, #HIVChillPill has answers: HIVChillPill.org
A Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD) is spread through sexual behaviors. Examples of STDs are Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Syphilis, Herpes, HPV and HIV. Learn more information about STDs.
- Common STD/STI symptoms include:
- Unexplained rash
- Burning sensation during urination
- Bumps, sores, blisters, or warts on the genital area
- Unusual discharge or fluid that may be white or yellow
- Reducing your risk and prevention tips:
- Use condoms
- Reduce the number of sex partners
- Do not share needles
- If left untreated, STDs can cause:
- Increased risk of giving or getting HIV
- Long-term pelvic/abdominal pain
- Inability to get pregnant or other pregnancy complications
- Serious and permanent health problems
Get tested for STDs frequently to protect yourself and others. It is possible to have an STD even if you are not experiencing symptoms.