Parentage (Non-Married Parents)

If you want to request custody, visitation or child support and you were never married to the other parent you may be able to file a Petition in Superior Court. The filing fee is $260. You may purchase a “Parentage Book” in Room 323 of the Courthouse for $50. This book contains all the forms, samples, and instructions necessary to start and finalize your parentage case. You should speak with the court facilitator before purchasing this book.

Affidavit of Paternity

This book is intended to assist you with completing the paperwork necessary to start and finalize a parentage case in which the father has signed an Affidavit of Paternity and it has been filed with the State of Washington.

You will be required to order a certified copy of the child's birth certificate from the Health Department.  There is a fee. 

Further Assistance

If you need assistance with the forms or process, you may contact the Facilitator by calling 509-574-2695.