Yakima County WA Public Services Homepage

New Accounts

New Water or Sewer Connections
All new accounts for new water or sewer connections require an Application for Water or Wastewater Service to be completed and returned to the Public Services Accounting Office located on the 4th floor of the Yakima County Courthouse. New water connections also require payment of a Water Charge that varies depending on the water system and the size of the meter. New wastewater connections will require payment of a Sewer Charge.

New connections may be installed by a licensed contractor or by Yakima County. The property owner is responsible for all costs associated with the installation, which are in addition to the Water or Sewer Connection Permit Charge.

Changing the Name at Existing Service

Whenever the name of the property owner changes at existing service connections an Application for Water or Wastewater Service must be completed and returned to:
Public Services Accounting Office
Fourth Floor Courthouse
128 North 2nd St.
Yakima, WA 98901

A $35 account initiation charge will be assessed when changing the name of the owner at existing connections.

Government Websites by CivicPlus®
Arrow Left Arrow Right
Slideshow Left Arrow Slideshow Right Arrow