Inmate Trust Accounts

Inmates who have money are allowed to spend that money on Commissary. Commissary sells food, magazines, games, personal care items, and writing supplies.

Mailing Funds

Funds mailed in to inmates shall be in an envelope addressed to the jail and must state the inmate’s name, location, and resident or booking number. “For Deposit Only” must be clearly marked on the outside of the envelope. Funds may be placed on an inmate’s trust account by mailing to the jail a Cashier’s Check (official check) or money order written out to the “Yakima County Jail” along with the inmate’s name and jail resident or booking number.

Unacceptable Funds

  • Cash
  • Government issued checks (exception: tribal per-capita checks)
  • Paychecks
  • Personal or third party checks

Acceptable Funds

  • Money orders
  • Cashier’s checks

Money placed on an inmate account can be used to pay fees the inmate owes. For example, medical bills.

Effective January 23, 2023

While TouchPay online and the kiosk located in the Main Jail lobby are the preferred ways to deposit inmate funds, we understand the limitations some have with these methods. 

You can send an inmate money through the United States Postal Service, with prior approval. The only acceptable funds will be money orders or cashier's check listing the amount, the inmates name and the person sending the funds. Any other types of funds mailed in will be returned to sender. Before sending funds to the facility, email Lt. Coxen ( for pre-approval since regular mail is no longer accepted. The inmate will receive a copy of the receipt indicating the day the money was processed and how much was entered into his/her account. If any other items are included in the envelope with the money order, all contents will be returned to sender. 

Care Packages

ICare packages can be ordered online directly for an inmate from our commissary vendor.

TouchPay Systems
  • Fast and convenient ways to put money on an inmate’s books
  • 24/7 account funding via the web, telephone or facility kiosk
  • Using Visa, Mastercard, debit card, electronic check, or cash (at kiosk only)
Touch Pay Payment Systems Logo

Funding an Account

You must have the information below to fund an account:
  • Facility Locator No. 298907 (Yakima County Department of Corrections)
  • Inmate R Number can be located on the inmate look-up page
  • Inmate Name

3 Easy Ways to Fund an Account

  • Kiosk
    Yakima County Department of Corrections
    111 N. Front Street
    Yakima, WA 98901
  • Telephone
    • Call 866-232-1899
    • Have Visa or Mastercard (credit or debit) or personal check information
    • Follow voice prompts
    • Completed transactions will receive a confirmation number
  • Internet
    • Visit the TouchPay website
    • Have available Visa or Mastercard (credit or debit) or personal check information
    • Follow on-screen prompts
    • Completed transactions will receive a confirmation number
    • You must provide an email address for receipt

There are convenience fees to use this system. Billing and checking account statements will show either Touchpay Direct or Correctional Payment Services. Help can be found online. State Department of Correction inmates serving their sentence in Yakima County will need to follow state requirements when sending funds. The state will then forward the funds to Yakima County for the inmate.