A guardian may be either a "professional guardian" as defined in RCW 11.88.008 or a Guardian may be nominated by will or durable power of attorney as defined in RCW 11.88.090.
The Clerk's staff cannot assist you or give legal advice. It is advisable you contact an attorney to assist you. It is your responsibility to check the RCWs and General Rules (GRs) to ensure proper legal procedures.
Resources for guardianship matters:
- The Court Facilitator maintains the Title 26 Guardian Ad Litem Registry.
- RCW 11.88 - Appointment, Qualification, Removal of Guardians
- Washington Law Help / Guardianship
- Washington State Forms - Title 11 RCW Guardianship Forms
Wills of Living Persons
Original wills of living persons can be deposited with the County Clerk. Please review RCW 11.12.265 for additional information.
The Clerk's staff cannot assist you or give legal advice. It is advisable you contact an attorney to assist you.
- The will repository will not be a statewide database.
- Public will be able to view search index in each county to determine whether a will has been deposited in the repository.
- Testator's full first, middle and last name will be indexed.
- Access to the will, other than the index, will not be available to the public and the received will, will be sealed.
- Any person 18 years of age and older can create a will.
- A filing fee will be required. See the Fee Schedule of this website.
- If will is withdrawn, a new filing fee will be required to re-deposit the will. You will need to provide photo identification at the time of withdrawal.
- Will repository can be converted to "will only filing" with the filing fee and copy of death certificate.
- Pursuant to legislation, testator may withdraw a will with proper identification; others need a court order to withdraw.
For filing fees and copy costs please refer to the Clerk's Fee Schedule.
Forms used locally in Yakima Superior Court:
To "deposit" a will:
- Motion and Order to Withdraw Will (PDF)
- Order is the 1st page and the motion starts on the 2nd page
- Withdrawal of Will from Repository Cover Sheet (PDF)