How do I make a taxpayer name or address change?

You may do this via our website at  Name and Address Change Request, on the back of your payment coupon or by sending us a signed note requesting the change. Be sure to include your parcel number(s) on all correspondence with our office.

To make a change to the mailing address for the owner record, you will need to contact the Yakima County Assessor's Office at 509-574-1100.

Note: Changing the taxpayer name or address is solely for the purpose of receiving a property tax and assessment statement. It does not change the ownership or vesting. To change the ownership or vesting on a parcel, please seek legal guidance.

Show All Answers

1. When are property tax statements sent to taxpayers?
2. When are property taxes due?
3. Why did I receive my property tax and assessment statement when my mortgage company pays them?
4. Do you accept postmark as the date of payment?
5. What happens if I don’t make my payment on time?
6. Is there a drop box for property tax payments?
7. Can I pay my taxes with a credit or debit card?
8. How are my property taxes calculated?
9. How do I make a taxpayer name or address change?
10. Why haven’t I received my property tax statement?
11. What happens if both my mortgage company and I pay my taxes for my property?
12. What can I do if the “situs/location” address is incorrect on my tax statement?
13. How do I protest my taxes?
14. What are personal property taxes?
15. I am delinquent on my personal property taxes. Why are they treated differently than my real property taxes?