What if I did not get a “Notice of Value”?
If you did not receive a “Notice of Value” at least 15 calendar days prior to the deadline for filing the petition for the current assessment year, and your valuation changed, contact the Clerk of the Board of Equalization. (WAC 45814.127)

Please note: The Assessor is required to send the notice to the owner of record whose name and address appears on the assessment rolls. The property owner is responsible for notifying the Assessor of any address change and/or for requesting copies of notices for a mortgage company or lending company.

Show All Answers

1. How can I appeal the assessed value of my property to the Yakima County Board of Equalization?
2. Who may file an appeal?
3. Where can I get a petition form?
4. What information must I provide for a completed petition?
5. What is the deadline for filing?
6. Should I contact the County Assessor’s Office?
7. When do I receive a “Notice of Value”?
8. What if I did not get a “Notice of Value”?
9. When will I have a hearing?
10. What can I expect at the hearing?
11. How soon will I receive a decision from the Board of Equalization?
12. What if l am not satisfied with the Board of Equalization’s decision?
13. Should I wait until after my hearing to pay my property taxes?