How can I get my road on the list to be improved?

While the County Road Engineer utilizes a Level of Service (LOS) formula to plan and prioritize gravel road paving projects, the public can petition for a road to be paved. Every November, the County's 6-Year Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) is brought before the Board of County Commissioners and the general public in a public hearing to ratify the County's plan for road projects for the upcoming 6 years. The public is welcome to participate in this process in seeking their road(s) inclusion in the gravel road paving priority list. Call 509-574-2300 for information about how to obtain a road improvement petition.

6-Year TIP (PDF)

Show All Answers

1. How can I get my road on the list to be improved?
2. How do I get my company listed on the County small works roster?
3. How does the County determine which gravel roads get paved?
4. I need to talk to the Engineer on my road improvement project, how do I contact them?
5. I was told that our gravel road would be paved this year, but nothing has yet happened. Are you still paving our road?
6. Is our company on the County consultant roster?
7. If I have questions regarding consultant agreements, who do I contact?
8. Is there a private company in Yakima County that dust abates private roads?
9. How does a road improvement district work?
10. Why can't my gravel road be paved?