Tiera Girard, Clerk of the Board of County Commissioners
J. Rand Elliott, Chairman, Board of Yakima County Commissioners
YAKIMA – Yakima County Commissioners are inviting applications from interested citizens wishing to serve on the following volunteer boards in Yakima County.
Yakima County Planning Commission – Recommends long range planning policies and development standards for unincorporated areas within Yakima County’s land use jurisdiction. The Planning Commission is considered to be part of Yakima County’s Planning Agency, assisting the Planning Division of the Public Services Department in carrying out its long-range planning responsibilities for the County.
Planning Commissioner Qualifications
• A perspective of the community as a whole;
• An honest concern for community betterment;
• The ability to work collaboratively with professional planners and the community in developing and testing planning concepts;
• A willingness to meet once per month and more frequently when necessary;
• The ability to represent the interests of all citizens, free of political perspectives or special interests;
• The ability to understand and work within the legal framework for land use planning in Washington State and Yakima County; and
• The ability to suspend personal bias when reviewing and evaluating proposals.
Applications for these positions will be accepted until Friday July 7, 2017 by 4 p.m. in the Board of Yakima County Commissioners Office (Room 232). You may apply online by visiting our website. Applications are available through the Commissioner’s Office or on the Commissioner’s Webpage under http://www.yakimacounty.us/793/Forms Return completed applications to the Commissioner’s Office.
You can also apply digitally here: http://yakimacounty.us/FormCenter/Commissioners-Office-21/Boards-and-Commissions-Application-71
To receive an application or for more information please contact Tiera Girard, Clerk of the Board of Yakima County Commissioners, 128 N. 2nd Street, Room 232, Yakima WA 98901. Phone: (509) 574-1500, Toll Free: (800) 572-7354, Fax: (509) 574-1501, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org