News Flash Home
The original item was published from 11/12/2015 3:41:17 PM to 11/30/2015 12:00:05 PM.

News Flash

Building & Fire Safety

Posted on: November 12, 2015

[ARCHIVED] Do Fire Inspections Work?

Cord punctured by chair mat

During a recent annual fire and life safety inspection, this power strip was identified as a potential fire source. Spikes from an office chair pad penetrated the electrical wire covering and the wire, which when lifted off the carpet produced a sparking of the damaged wires. This condition had the potential to be source of ignition.

THINK fire safety anytime you use extension cords, power taps (strips), electrical tools and equipment. Do not place electric cords of any type under objects, through walls, under doors, or in areas where they may be damaged by foot or vehicle traffic. Limit the use of extension cords and power taps to as short of a period as possible and do not use them as a substitute for permanent wiring needs.

Remember, Fire is EVERYONE'S Fight.

Facebook Twitter Email

Other News in Building & Fire Safety