Boards & Committees



Contacts: Clerk of the Board of County Commissioners

Mike Leita, Chairman, Board of Yakima County Commissioners

(509) 574-1500

Yakima County Commissioners are inviting applications from interested citizens wishing to serve on the following volunteer boards in Yakima County:

Yakima County Veteran’s Advisory Committee

Must be a Veteran who has served honorably. Provide guidance on programs to ensure all Veterans and their families have the information and access they need to Federal, State, and Local services offered to them.

Benton County Mosquito Control District

Resident of Yakima County with mosquito control knowledge/experience. The Board manages and directs the operations of the district whose mission is the control of mosquitoes within the Benton County Mosquito Control District. Must reside in Yakima County District 2 or 3.

Yakima Valley Library Board

Adopts by-laws, rules, regulations and annual budget, supervises care and custody of library, employs Librarian, purchases books and materials, leases building and acts as necessary for the orderly and efficient management and control of the library.

Selah Park & Recreation Service Area

The Selah Park and Recreation Service Area (SPRSA) is a junior taxing district that collects taxes in order to offer a variety of recreation programs for youth and adults in the Selah community. The SPRSA is governed by a 7-member board. Board members are appointed by the City of Selah, the Selah School District and the Yakima County Commissioners.

Applications will be accepted until Friday December 27, 2019 by 4:00 pm

Applications are available on the Commissioner’s Webpage: Or at the Yakima County Commissioners Office: 128 N. 2nd Street, Room 232, Yakima WA 98901.

If you need additional information please contact Clerk of the Board of Yakima County Commissioners:                                     128 N. 2nd Street, Room 232, Yakima WA 98901.                                                                                                                                  Phone: (509) 574-1500, Toll Free: (800) 572-7354                                                                                                                                        Fax: (509) 574-1501, or email: