PLANNING COMMISSION MEETINGS UPDATES
Due to COVID-19, the Planning Commission's monthly meetings will be held in a variety of formats depending on the needs of the public and the Commission members. We anticipate more in-person meetings with virtual or hybrid options if the need arises. If you are interested in attending a meeting, please verify if it will be in person, virtual, or hybrid.
About the CommissionThe Yakima County Planning Commission is a 7 member citizen body appointed by the Board of County Commissioners to make recommendations to the board on long range planning for the unincorporated areas of the county. The Planning Commission reviews and conducts public hearings on proposed changes to Yakima County's Comprehensive Plan - Horizon 2040, development regulations, and hears public testimony prior to making recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners.
Planning Commission Appointment Opportunities
There are two positions open on the Planning Commission. If you or someone you know are interested in volunteering to serve your community in this capacity, apply today. More information and applications can be found at:
- 5:30 p.m. - Regular Agenda Meetings
- 6:00 p.m. - Public Hearings
- The 2nd Wednesday of every month as noticed in our published legal ads.
- Meeting location may be in a physical building, or be held online due to recent social distancing requirements. The location of each meeting will be noted on each agenda.
- Special Meetings - As needed, and as noticed in our published legal ads.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
March 8, 2023 Hearing, 6:00 P.M.
LRN21-001/SEP21-010 Naches Emergency UGA Amendment Cont. Hearing
February 8, 2023 Regular Meeting, 5:30 P.M.
November 9, 2022 Public Hearing, 6:00 P.M.
LRN21-005 Caton-Strutner MRO - Findings of Fact And Recommendation
October 26, 2022 Special Meeting, 5:30 P.M.
October 19, 2022 Special Meeting, 5:30 P.M.
September 14, 2022 Regular Meeting, 5:30 P.M.
Biennial Map Amendments
LRN22-003/SEP22-005 (Jr. Achievement) & LRN-004/SEP22-006 (Orozco). Please click on the following link and scroll down for staff reports, application materials, and SEPA documents.
Biennial Map Amendments
LRN22-003/SEP22-005 (Jr. Achievement) & LRN-004/SEP22-006 (Orozco). Please click on the following link and scroll down for staff reports and application materials.https://www.yakimacounty.us/2603/Biennial-Amendments
November 10, 2021 Hearing, 6:00 P.M.
LRN2019-00004/SEP2021-00040 - Hearing Examiner Text Amendments
October 13, 2021 Hearing, 6:00 P.M.
LRN2021-00001/SEP2021-00010 - Naches Emergency UGA Amendment Cont.
LRN2019-00010 - Agritourism. For more information: https://www.yakimacounty.us/2500/Agritourism
September 8, 2021 Hearing, 6:00 P.M.
LRN2021-00001/SEP2021-00010 - Naches Emergency UGA Amendment
- September 8, 2021 - Hearing and Meeting Minutes
- Sep 8 Hearing Agenda
- UGA_Staff Report_Naches Emergency UGA Amendment_PC Hearing_w_Attachments
- Exhibit 1_Request for Comment_Combined Neighbors Comments
- Exhibit 2_Naches UGA Letter_Capital Facilities Addendum
- Exhibit 3_Department of Commerce Comment Letter
- Exhibit 4_Department of Ecology Comment Letter
- Exhibit 5_Mills Comment
- LRN21-001 SEP21-010 Notice of Open Record Hearing and Threshold Determination
- SEP21-010 SEPA Checklist