The Assessor's office handles the collection, dissemination, and storage of property characteristics that pertain to valuation. That information is gathered in order to equitably value all real and personal property in the county through analysis of sales and other market conditions. We also calculate the levy amounts allowed by law and calculate and certify tax rates for every parcel in the County.
The office also maintains the County Cadastral Map for assessment purposes.
Change of Ownership Requirements
We process changes to our record of Ownership through Real Estate Excise Affidavits filed with the County Treasurer.
Please direct all questions pertaining to Valuation to the Assessors Office:
- Assessed value of property
- Open space programs
- Levy rates and tax levy limitations
- Appeals for lowering assessed values
- Tax relief programs: senior citizens and/or disabled exemptions
- Personal Property listing and assessment
- Building and property characteristics
Please direct all questions about Taxes to the Treasurer's Office:
- Tax payments
- Due dates
- Delinquent taxes
- Receipt of payments
- Duplicate tax statements
- Excise taxes
- Foreclosure or personal property distraint
- Mobile home moving permits
- Name/address changes
- Questions regarding the payment of taxes
Recording, Licensing, & Elections
Please direct all questions pertaining to Recording, Licensing, and Elections to the Auditor's Office:
- What do I do to file a document?
- How do I go about getting a copy of a recorded document?
- What are the requirements on document filing?
- What are the fees for filing documents?
- How do I find the last deed on my property?
- What easements are on my property?
- Where do I renew License tabs?
- When can I renew License tabs?
- What fees are there for License tabs?
- How do I get the title for my mobile home?
- How do I get specialized plates?
- How do I register to vote?
- When will I get mailed ballots?
- Where can I go to vote?
- How do I find the last election results?
Permits, Planning, Building Safety
Please direct all questions pertaining to Permits, Planning, and Building Safety to Public Services:
- What do I need a permit for?
- How do I get a permit?
- What happens if I did not get a permit?
- How long do I need to wait for a permit?
- What is my parcel zoned?
- What requirements do I have to subdivide my property?
- What restrictions does my current zoning have?
- How do I get a short plat started?
- I want to subdivide my property, how do I do that?
- How do I get my zoning changed?