NEWS / Operations Updates
TO READ THIS MESSAGE IN ANOTHER LANGUAGE
At the bottom right hand corner of each page of this website there is a “Select Language” option.
Click on the arrow and choose the preferred language from the list that appears and it will automatically change the web page to your preferred language.
PARA LEER ESTA INFORMACIÓN EN OTRO IDIOMA
En la parte inferior a la derecha de cada página web hay una opción para seleccionar idioma.
Oprima la flecha y seleccione el idioma preferido de la lista que aparece y la página web cambiará automáticamente a su idioma preferido.
Notice: If you are feeling ill you should not enter the courthouse or courtrooms. (Such as a fever, cough, shortness of breath.) Please review the daily posting of Court Calendars to determine if your Hearing is still being held In-Person. Many Court Hearings are changing daily, so please check before you go to the Courthouse / Jail. Some matters will require / allow you to only appear by telephone / telephonically.
Due to a shortage of staff, your wait time may be longer than normal. We thank you for your patience and understanding.
Wait times can be long. Your inquiry / requests may be done through the Clerk’s website, telephone, Odyssey Portal. mail or AMS (for legal offices).
Services you can do either by Mail or On-Line:
- Copy Requests (paper and court hearings)
- Restitution Payments
- To make a payment on a court fine online please select this link: https://www.yakimacounty.us/157/Payments-Restitution
- Obtaining Forms
- File New Cases (by Mail only)
- Protection Order requests -Please obtain your forms from the website. Complete them prior to going to the Courthouse. Court starts promptly at 1:30 pm, please take your completed paperwork to the Clerks' Office / Room 323 / 3rd floor of Courthouse between Noon and 12:45 pm. Children are not allowed the the Courtrooms, so please make arrangements for their care.
- If you have questions, please telephone 574-1430.
The Clerk’s Office will be assisting people in-person at in our office. However wait times may be long. We encourage friends / support people / parties not directly involved in your case, and non-litigants to remain at home, or in the public hallways as Courtroom space may still be limited.
- Submit matters Ex-parte by mail (or AMS for law offices) when those services are available.
- If you have an attorney, please telephone your attorney for questions regarding your future Court Hearings or for “Filing” pleadings in your case. Please do not go in-person to their office, unless your attorney has specifically requested you do so.
- Please (frequently) check the Superior Court Website for any updates to Court Sessions / Court Calendars.
- Please check the Court Facilitator’s Website for any updates.
- Information for Yakima County District Court may be found here.
The Clerk’s Office will make every effort to update this page as quickly as we have information regarding the changes being made as we return to our regular Court schedules.
If you have received a Jury Summons, please complete it and return it to our office as directed on the form. For the DATES you are assigned, follow the Call In instructions on your Jury Summons and listen to the recorded message carefully. The Court will take many of your concerns into consideration - you will have an opportunity after Jury Check In to discuss those further with the Judge. When required by health care authorities, health screenings (for the days you are required to report) are modified to meet the current guidelines \ safety requirements. We will attempt to place that information on the (evening) recorded message so you will know what to expect on the day your Group is required to report.
Consumer Debt Garnishments / Evictions: Pursuant to extended emergency proclamations by the Governor, the below are extended throughout the Covid-19 state of emergency unless rescinded by the Governor or the Legislature - whichever occurs first. This effects:
- Garnishments and Accrual of Interest
- Evictions / Unlawful Detainers