Passports are Processed 9 AM - 3:30 PM, Monday thru Friday
The Yakima County Auditor is pleased to assist the citizens of Yakima County with their Passport Application needs. We now take Passport Photos for $15. Remember, apply early for your Passport. Processing a Passport can take up to 6 weeks.
Applying for a Passport
1. Fill Out Form DS-11: Application for a U.S. Passport
2. Submit Form DS-11: Application for a U.S. Passport in Person
3. Submit Evidence of U.S. Citizenship
- State Birth Certificate (not the one from the hospital)
- Previous Passport
- Naturalization Certificate
- Certificate of Citizenship
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Certification of Birth
- See links below for additional information
4. Present Identification
- Fully-valid Driver's License
- Previously-issued, undamaged U.S. passport
- Certificate of Naturalization or Citizenship
- Current Government Employee ID (city, state or federal)
- Current Military ID (military and dependents)
> An ID card is insufficient by itself for applicant 16 and older
> Children under 16 are not required to present photo ID
5. Provide Passport Photo
- One color photos 2×2 inches in size.
- Must be taken within the last six months showing how you look now.
- Must be full face and seen from the front on a white or off white background.
- There must be between one inch and one and three-eighths inches from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head.
- Must wear normal street clothing with no uniforms allowed or religious items unless you wear them every day.
- Hats are not allowed that block your hair or your hairline.
- No glasses allowed of any kind.
- You should wear normally worn items such as a hearing aid, wig or comparable items (but not glasses).
- A person’s eyes must be opened in the photo.
- You must be able to see the area from the top of your hair to your shoulders.
- There can be no shadows on the face.
- The person’s mouth must be closed and have a neutral look on their face.
6. Provide Application Fees
- Check(s) or money order(s) will be required; please consult page for complete information.
- Fees may vary, so please do not fill out the amount on the check until the fee has been determined.
- If you already have a passport and require service, you must bring your old passport with you. This includes expired passports.
- Renewals by Mail – Renewal of Passports is available through the mail under certain circumstances. Please consult the renewal form, DS-82. All forms are available in our office and on-line.
- Child Renewals – children under 16 must apply in person with their parents. If one parent is unable to come in, he or she must complete a consent form, DS-3053, and submit a copy of his or her photo ID, front and back.
- You may obtain renewal, amendment, and other passport forms at this office.
- Convenience services – the Auditors office can provide envelope, labels, postage for Passport Renewals through the mail for $10.
- Convenience services – the Auditors office can take passport photos for $15.
- For more detailed information visit the Passport Service website
- 9-3:30 for processing passports